The General Assembly Holdings recently announced that its subsidiary Pinjia has launched a LIN communication penetrating tail lamp solution based on Microchip PIC16F15344, Onsemi NCV7685 and ams OSRAM LED.
Picture 1-The display board of Dalian Dapinjia and many well-known companies to launch the LIN communication through-type taillight solution
Car taillights play an important role in the structure of the car as lighting and signal indication. As major manufacturers pay more and more attention to car shape design, the styling of car taillights not only focuses on the improvement of functionality, but also pays more attention to the design sense of appearance. Because of the large number of LEDs and good animation visual effects, the penetrating taillights have been adopted in more and more models. The LIN communication penetrating tail light solution based on Microchip, Onsemi, and ams OSRAM products by Uni-Pinca can help users quickly complete the penetrating tail light design and reduce the difficulty of development.
Picture 2-The display board of Dalian Dapinjia and many well-known companies to launch the LIN communication through-type taillight solution
The A and B lights of this scheme are driven by independent LEDs, which meet the design requirements of actual vehicles. LIN commands are used to synchronize the A and B lights to realize the smooth connection of pipeline steering and animation. Use LIN SiP MCU with its own touch button function to realize LIN BCM simulation, which is used to control the various functions of the demonstration tail light. In addition, the music rhythm function allows the LED to jump in accordance with the rhythm of the music. Although the solution is only designed for red and yellow light, users can add other colors of light based on this method. If you use RGB LED, you can also use it to develop music atmosphere lights in the car.
In terms of component selection, the PIC16F15344 used in this solution is a low-power MCU with analog, core independent peripherals and communication peripherals under Microchip, which can realize various general-purpose and low-power applications; and onsemi NCV7685 is a 12-channel 60mA LED linear current driver, which has 128 programmable constant current sources with adjustable duty cycle and common reference, supports independent PWM dimming for each channel, and can be controlled by I2C to perform serial port on each output channel Programming.
Core technical advantages:
● Using Microchip PIC16F15344 automotive-grade 8-bit MCU, low cost, high reliability, simple development;
● Using Microchip LIN SBC ATA663254 automotive-grade LIN transceiver, integrated 85mA LDO, can directly power the MCU, without additional LDO;
● Adopt Microchip LIN SiP ATSAMHA1E14A, integrate LIN transceiver, ARM Cortex-M0+ core MCU, LDO, PTC touch controller, single chip realizes LIN BCM simulation function. (This chip is also suitable for the main control of through-type taillights and indoor music atmosphere lights);
● Using Microchip MIC28514 automotive-grade high-voltage high-current DC-DC, input withstand voltage up to 75V, output current up to 5A, support soft start, used to pre-buck power the LED, thereby reducing the heating loss on the linear LED driver;
● Adopt onsemi NCV7685 as linear LED driver, with 12-channel maximum 60mA linear constant current driving capability, support independent PWM dimming for each channel, and have LED fault detection and feedback functions. Through I2C control, the I2C address can be configured and programmed.
● Input voltage: DC 9V~24V;
● Input anti-reverse connection: support;
● LIN communication: support (use MCC to generate code);
● Switch control: support touch button control (graphic tool to debug touch parameters);
● Soft start: support;
● Number of position light LEDs: 56 pcs;
● Number of brake light LEDs: 40 (shared with position light);
● Number of turn signal LEDs: 40 pcs;
● Number of single LED: 2 pcs;
● Single LED current: 60mA;
● LED fault detection: support;
● PWM dimming: support single-channel PWM dimming;
● Music rhythm: support;
● Animation effects: power-on animation, power-off animation, water turn, brightness gradient, music rhythm.