Pure Storage, a global IT pioneer dedicated to providing storage as a service for multi-cloud environments®Portworx®Recently announced the launch of PX-Backup 2.1. Portworx is currently the most comprehensive Kubernetes data service platform in the industry, and its PX-Backup, built for modern applications, is the market-leading application and data protection platform. Portworx also released new survey data to evaluate end users’ views on running stateful applications on Kubernetes.
The new version of Portworx PX-Backup implements cross-cloud data protection and migration for Kubernetes stateful applications
The latest enhancements of PX-Backup provide enterprises with comprehensive data protection and multi-cloud liquidity. In addition, whether it is running locally or on the cloud, applications on Kubernetes can get better compliance support. New enhancements include:
● Application portability across clouds:PX-Backup can provide application portability between any cloud or local data center. With the latest version, customers can back up Kubernetes applications running in a certain cloud or data center and restore them in any other cloud or data center.
● The 3-2-1 rule of data backup brings better compliance support to storage:The data backup 3-2-1 rule is the industry standard for any data protection plan, which ensures recovery in a variety of failure scenarios. The updated PX-Backup can offload backups from CSI snapshots to object storage. Whether companies are running on Portworx PX-Store, any CSI-compliant storage service, or running Kubernetes applications on cloud-based storage, they can use PX-Backup to keep three data backups on hard disks and object storage. (Production, snapshot, backup copy), which provides flexibility for storing data remotely (on any cloud), and meets the needs of data backup based on the 3-2-1 rule plan.
● Expand the scope of recovery by supporting file sharing:In addition to the existing function of backing up block-based workloads, enterprises can now back up and restore read-write-many (RWX) persistent volumes that are configured as file shares on FlashBlade, Portworx proxy volumes, or any NFS server. ) On the application.
● Use PX-Secure to perfect protection:PX-Backup users can now take advantage of the role-based access control and encryption services provided by Portworx PX-Secure to add an extra layer of security support to their modern applications and reduce management overhead.
End-user survey: views on running stateful applications on Kubernetes
As companies are committed to modernizing applications and infrastructure, Kubernetes continues to play a key role in improving business flexibility and resilience. An end-user survey of 500 IT professionals in the United States and the United Kingdom showed that more than half of the respondents believe that increasing flexibility (58%) and increasing resilience (52%) are their team’s decision to deploy stateful applications on Kubernetes The greatest motivation for the program. Key findings include:
● Impact on the efficiency of business operations:IT professionals believe that running stateful applications on Kubernetes can help them accelerate the development (54%) and scale (55%) of their applications, while increasing the efficiency of developers (55%).
● Backup and recovery are key requirements:Backup and recovery (55%), data fluidity and capacity management (49%), and high availability (48%) are the most critical requirements for IT professionals when running stateful applications on Kubernetes.
● The fluidity and protection of data is a challenge:Data fluidity (29%) is the most difficult requirement for IT professionals to implement stateful applications on Kubernetes, while data protection (46%) is the biggest challenge in operations.
● Stateful workloads are expected to increase:The vast majority (87%) of respondents expect the proportion of stateful workloads to increase in the next 12 months, another 9% expect to maintain the status quo, and only 4% expect to decrease.
Murli Thirumale, Vice President and General Manager of the Cloud Native Business Unit of Pure Storage, said: “The latest findings highlight the urgency of adopting a comprehensive set of data protection and compliance strategies to protect mission-critical Kubernetes applications. We are very pleased with The latest enhancements of PX-Backup provide global customers with a set of solutions that are not limited to vendors, and truly help them manage and protect modern distributed Kubernetes infrastructure.”
PX-Backup 2.1 is expected to be officially launched in November 2021. For more information or to download the full investigation report, please refer to:
● PX-Backup 2.1 is released
● Kubernetes stateful application running user survey